The baptism of my children is something that I have been long awaiting. Perhaps since before they were even born. My heart has always been full of love for our Lord and Savior, and I knew that I wanted to raise my children to feel it in the depths of their souls too. I knew I always wanted a traditional baptism at just a few weeks old for my precious little bundles. But then the omphalocele happened. And then surgeries. And then I was pregnant once again. Morning sickness was battled and bed rest was dealt with. And then we welcomed our precious baby girl into the world. And here I was - with a two year old who had yet to bask in his special day and a newborn who was getting older by the minute. I knew that there was one solution and one solution only - a double dip. A day to celebrate both of my beautiful miracles and give them unto the Lord. It was perfect. Their Godparents, Kurt and Jill and Christy and Scott, were there...along with many more loved ones too. The service was amazing, and many tears were shed. Tears of joy for this long awaited day. May God bless my sweet babies all their lives just the way they have more than blessed mine!


Hadley during her special moment.
And then it was time for Hayes.
Heavenly Father,
I thank you that by water and the Holy Spirit you have bestowed upon Hayes and Hadley the forgiveness of sins, and have raised Hayes and Hadley to the new life of grace. Sustain Hayes and Hadley, O Lord, in your Holy Spirit. Give Hayes and Hadley an inquiring and discerning heart, the courage to will and to persevere, a spirit to know and to love you, and the gift of joy and wonder in all your works. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment