Sunday, August 25, 2013

Hadley - Four Months Old

Oh. My. Word.  I just fall more and more in love with my little sugar plum every day!  She is so much fun, and everyone who meets her says the same.  Lately, a simple trip to the grocery store ends up taking forever because everyone has to stop and say how adorable and happy she is.  One of the most common phrases - "She looks just like a baby doll!"  I hear it at least once a day...and it NEVER gets old.  I guess because we went through so much with Hayes, and I got used to the whispers and stares.  It makes this mama's heart feel oh-so-good for life to be this cheerful and normal.  And I thank God for it each day!  Here is a little peek into our precious world...
  • Eating - Still a great eater, but back to exclusively taking the breast.  Looks like this picky girl is following in the footsteps of her brother and is just going to refuse bottles all together.  So we are moving on to bigger and better things to keep her satisfied - SOLIDS!  We have already been giving her Baby Mum-Mums, and I think it is safe to say that she is a big fan!!
  • Sleeping - No news here.  Still sleeping like a champ at night and taking naps snuggled up next to me on the couch during the day.  We are starting to really work on her taking naps in her crib, and she has been doing okay.  But honestly - I love having her by my side, so I am not pushing it as much as I probably should.
  • Thinking - This little girl is not just a pretty face...she is one smart little cookie too!  So alert and observant, and she is already using problem solving skills to get her way.  Daddy and I are going to have to be careful once the tween stage starts rolling in!!
  • Talking - Giggles and coos pretty much fill our house these days.  And her favorite time to chat is when Cody is at work and Hayes is down for nap and it is just her and I.  A little back-and-forth girl talk about the goings on of the day.  Melts. My. Heart.
  • Moving - Hadley is all over the place already!  I will lay her on her back in her activity gym, turn around, and by the time I look back - she is flipped on her stomach and scooting backwards across the room.  When she sleeps, she is known to flip and flop and roll to every corner of her crib.  And she MUST be strapped in everywhere (bouncer, high chair, etc.) because she WILL get herself right out!
Hadley Lea Davis
4 Months
 Weight - 18 pounds 15 ounces (>100%)
Height - 25 inches (74%)
Head Circumference - 16 inches (38%)
 
**BIG BROTHER UPDATE** - The love between these two just continues to grow and grow!  Some of my favorite brother / sister moments - their sweet sugars before nap...Hayes thinking he can hold his not-so-little sister and walk around the house...and Hadley's ginormous smile that sweeps her face when her big brother walks into the room.  But it is also kind of funny because the little sibling rivalries are starting to show through too.  Like when Hadley grabs ahold of one of Hayes's toys and he snatches it back yelling "MINE toy!" or when little miss starts to fuss when I have to put her down and make Hayes lunch.  I can already tell that these two are going to keep this mama on her toes!!

No comments: