Hayes's costume was a cinch - look up on Amazon, add to cart, confirm order, arrive on my doorstep in two business days. But Hadley's was a little more complicated. I knew that I wanted her to be an ultra-girly dalmation...so obviously, we needed a tutu...and flowers...and a bow. So I ordered all of the supplies I needed and put together my own little outfit. And I am pretty stinking happy with how it turned out!
Once the costumes were complete (which may or may not have been on Halloween day), we were ready to do some trick or treating! Hayes very quickly remembered the drill from last year, and he was running from house to house getting as much candy as humanly possible within about five seconds flat. Hadley, on the other hand, was not so impressed with our all night stroll. She started fussing by about the sixth or seventh house and insisted that her not-so-little self be carried for the rest of the night. So Cody and I took turns carrying the dalmation and pushing an empty stroller while our little firefighter had an absolute ball!
These buckets were ready for some candy...
...and so were the kids!
Off we go!
CANDY!!!
Hayes has been obsessing over this pumpkin ever since our neighbors put it up,
and he was sooo excited that he actually got to take a picture with it.
And as if our night couldn't get any better,
our neighbor and sweet friend Herc let Hayes put on some REAL firefighter garb too!
Overall, these two had a pretty sweet day...
...and we hope you and yours had a Happy Halloween too!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment