Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hadley - Six Months Old

Hold up.  Stop the presses.  Where did my little bitty baby go and who on earth is that big, bouncing girl down there in the picture?  I mean seriously.  She is already closer to her first birthday than she is to the day she was born.  I'm not sure whether to smile or cry.  I mean...I am thrilled that she is becoming so independent and so stinkin' funny, but I am so mournful because I know that I will never again have another little newborn.  (Not sure if I've told ya'll or not, but Hadley Bug is our last.  Permanent measures have been taken.)  Oooh, just typing those words makes my heart ache a little.  But let's focus on all of the fun stuff, shall we?
  • Eating - Welp, the baby food stage was short lived.  After just a few weeks of eating the homemade baby food I slaved over, she decided she was waaay too mature for runny baby food.  (I'm not bitter - I promise!)  And now she wants what we eat.  And ONLY what we eat.  So at her well visit, we got the green light for her to eat anything and everything (expect honey), and homegirl is ALL IN on this new plan!
  • Sleeping - Cat nap in the morning while we are running around or driving in the car, long nap in the afternoon while brother sleeps, and then still sleeping at night like a pro.  Thank you, Lord!
  • Thinking - Someone the other day told me that Hadley is the most alert baby they had ever seen.  Always observant and super keen.  And I have to agree.  You seriously cannot get anything past this girl.  Good at times...bad at others.
  • Talking - Hadley said her first word!!  Hadley said her first word!!!  Guess what it was.  Drumroll, please.......... "Mama!"  Yeah, I'm pretty stoked.  Both of my kiddos said my name first.  Not Cody's.  Told you I have smart kids!
  • Moving - This girl is sooo close to crawling it's scary.  She gets up on all fours like it's nobody's business.  She rocks back and forth and back and forth.  And she even does this crazy plank thing where she gets up in push-up position and just hangs out there for a few seconds.  But she has yet to actually move forward.  So typically, she just gives up, falls to the floor, and then rolls to wherever she is trying to get.  Which is all. over. the. house.  Seriously, she ends up in the craziest places, that girl!  I'll try to get a video soon.  Promise!
Hadley Lea Davis
6 Months
 Weight - 22 pounds 3 ounces (>100%)
Height -27 inches (86%)
Head Circumference - 16.5 inches (31%)
 
**BIG BROTHER UPDATE** - Before having Hadley, I was so worried about how it would affect Hayes.  I knew his whole world would be rocked, and I never wanted his quality of life to suffer as a result.  And after six months of having Hadley in our lives, I think it is safe to say that I had absolutely NOTHING to worry about.  He is head over heels in love with his baby sister, and she has brought nothing but happiness and joy to his little world.  He is her knight in shining armor, and she is his biggest fan.  Not a day goes by that I do not thank God for the budding relationship that is continually growing between these two - and I think they do the same in their own little ways.  Hoping it lasts a lifetime!!

No comments: