Friday, January 7, 2011

Mommy's Turn


Throughout the past 25 weeks, Hayes has been such a good boy and passed all of his tests with flying colors.  This week it was mommy's turn though...and I was nervous!!  Let me just say, that a glucose tolerance test is NOT a good idea to take after eating a diet consisting almost entirely of holiday treats for two solid months.  As the nurse handed me the sweet drink at my appointment yesterday, I knew that there was nothing I could do about it though.  I opened up the hatch and chugged away!

While waiting the mandatory hour, I was able to talk to my doctor about my most recent pregnancy symptoms (unbearable back pain and excessively dry skin).  Then, I made my way to the ultrasound room to see my sweet baby boy once again.  With all of the adversities this pregnancy has brought, seeing my little guy every few weeks is definitely one of the perks!  Here are a few of my favorite shots...

 Cute Little Profile

 His O
(Sonograms are always tricky to decipher, so here is a description of what you're looking at:
He is laying on his back with his little legs pulled up and bent.  His O is the large white mass 
coming from his abdominal region and touching his bent legs.)

I was so blissful after seeing my baby boy that I almost completely forgot about the glucose tolerance test.  However, the nurse called me in to take a few other blood tests and to read my glucose level...and I passed!  Bring on the ice cream!!  :)

No comments: