Monday, February 28, 2011

Showered With Books

This past weekend was my last, but certainly not least, baby shower.  It was hosted by Cody's mom and sister, and they built the entire shower around my love (or should I say obsession) for children's books!  Each table was adorned with books, both new ones with crisp covers and classic stories that were read to Cody when he was a child.  Several of the storybook characters even made an appearance as centerpieces on the tables.  My overwhelming sweet tooth was satisfied by a make-your-own ice cream sundae bar, complete with everything from brownie bites to frothy whipped cream!  Both friends and family mingled as they thumbed through the books and enjoyed all of the sweets before it was time to open gifts.  Hayes was blessed with so many new things on this beautiful day, but I know his favorite will be all of the books that were picked out just for him.  My aunt wrote a wonderful quote on the inside cover of her book, and I hope that my sweet little boy will read it and feel the same way one day...

"You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be -
I had a mother who read to me."
- Strickland Gillilan

Click to play this Smilebox photo album
Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox

No comments: