Friday, March 9, 2012

Family Photos

Our little family has been in existence for nearly one full year, and something dawned on me about a month ago - we have never taken professional pictures!  Sure, my Nikon follows us around almost everywhere we go.  And yes, I am known to set up an impromptu photo session when the feeling arises.  However, we have never taken real family pictures...with a photographer...who knows how to make our goofy family look good!  So, that got me to thinking - now would be the perfect time.  Hayes is recovering beautifully from his surgery and off all supplemental oxygen.  The helmet has found a new home among keepsakes.  And my sweet boy is almost ONE!  What an amazing time to commemorate!!

To make a long story short, my dear friend Terri has a daughter who is an uber-talented photographer.  I had been secretly admiring her work for years, so I decided to ask Terri for more information.  Well, Terri did way more than get me information...she surprised us by setting up an afternoon session with Kendra Martin Photography!  And even though we inadvertenly scheduled it for the coldest afternoon all winter, Kendra still managed to get some gorgeous shots.  I have already scrolled through them dozens of times, and I think that I am officially obsessed.  They have taken over my facebook timeline, become the background on our computer, and prints are ordered so that they can adorn our home.  I am in love!  Thank you Kendra for your incredible work...and thank you Terri for making it all possible!  You have no idea how grateful we are for this beautiful gift!














4 comments:

Valez said...

Uber-cute!

Michelle Storey said...

Oh, they're so wonderful! Hayes looks so big, and someone seeing him now wouldn't ever guess at the things y'all have been through as a family. <3 it!

Brooke said...

What beautiful pictures! She did an amazing job.

bugs and bananas said...

Those are incredible!