Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day #2

What do I say for this blog post?  I just don't know.  You see, I have been attempting to find the words since Sunday to figure it out.  Writing up long-winded posts and then deleting it all...over and over again.  Lying through my teeth and saying that I had a wonderful Mother's Day and that my heart is full.  Whining and complaining and blowing everything out of proportion.  But nothing seems right.  I have no idea what to say.  No, Cody did not forget about Mother's Day.  In fact, we had been talking about it for weeks.  Instead...and I am not sure why...he just did not really do anything for it.  No gift.  No card.  No special attention.  It was just like any other day.  If you are thinking that I must be disappointed - you're right.  Especially after all of the trials and tribulations that I have been through this year as a mother.  My heart is hurt, and I am finding it hard to forgive.  But enough of that.  This blog is entirely too precious to be filled with my selfish tears.  Instead, I am going to wrap up my words and just leave you with some pictures from the absolute highlight of my weekend.  A simple walk to the neighborhood park...and the smile on my beautiful boy's face.







1 comment:

Emma! said...

I'm sorry to hear that. It's always tough when husbands don't seem to "get it." But I'm glad you could be honest about how you feel. Thanks for sharing- sometimes it helps to know that all men can be clueless. Hope he can make it up to you!