I read this article earlier today that I just cannot seem to get out of my head. (It may or may not have been while I was trying to stay awake during a 7-hour teacher inservice. Depends on who's asking. But anyways...) You see, I stumble upon random articles and crazy headlines all the time. But this one was different. It was so honest...and so real. I related to it on so many levels, and I have not been able to get it out of my mind ever since. So, I felt compelled to post it so that all of you can read it too...
"The Mom Stays in the Picture"
Can I get an amen from all of my fellow mamas out there? This article speaks volumes, does it not? See, lately I have been feeling so far removed from the picture. I am just so consumed with making sure that Hayes has all he could ever need for each school day...and completing his school fundraiser forms...and teaching him his body parts...and trying to make sure we all get a somewhat balanced dinner each day. Add that to my never-ending responsibility to pay the monthly bills...and make sure we have clean sheets...and food in the refrigerator...and oh yeah, go to work full time five days a week. Sometimes it all just feels like too much for one woman to manage. I am so busy being a mother, a wife, a teacher...that Kelly just kind of gets lost. And reading this article made me realize just how desperately I need to try and get her back. I need to start jumping in the picture more, and I need to catch back up with all of the things that I really do love (crafting, visiting with friends, BLOGGING!). But I know I cannot do this alone. I need your help. If you do not see a blog post for awhile, shoot me an e-mail asking for an update. And if you see me behind the lens of my camera, yank it from around my neck and literally shove me into the shot. I may not quite be ready to post a no make-up, hair in a wild ponytail, ratty old pajama picture on the blog yet...but I am ready to make a conscious effort to get myself back into the picture. Just make sure to hold me accountable. Because sometimes those mommy and wife duties cause me to forget!
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I read this article last week and shared it on FB because one line really stood out for me:
I am not perfect to look at and I am not perfect to love, but I am perfectly their mother.
Beautiful, right? I too need to get in the picture more!
Post a Comment