Bright and early on Saturday morning, the boys (well...the grown-up boys) headed to campus to pick out a primo tailgating spot. They set up the tent, the chairs, a few tables, the grill, and about a million other little things that all serious tailgaters need, and it worked out perfectly because they were just finishing up when everyone began to arrive - my mom, Hayes, and I included. Everyone of all ages had an absolute blast pre-gaming! The guys manned the grill and tossed washers, the gals kept a steady flow of food out and chatted with each other, and the kiddos ran in and out of our feet and had a complete blast playing and exploring. It was perfect family time!
And then, just as the sun began to set, it was time to start heading in to the stadium for the big game. Now, I am FAR from a football fanatic, but I did know that this was a big game for my alma mater. They were playing the #18 ranked team Louisiana Tech, and all of the "experts" were anticipating that we would just get destroyed. But nope! My Bobcats fought those Bulldogs on every play and the score was neck and neck until the very end. Unfortunately, La Tech won by just one little old touchdown, but it was an amazing game that kept everyone on their toes. Oh, and Hayes and I agreed that the peanuts and ice cream were pretty awesome too! Eat 'em up, Cats!! Can't wait til next year when we get to bring Baby Davis 2.0 along too...
Cody and I with our future Bobcat!
Look at all of that maroon and gold...I love it!
RC playing a little of the fight song with some members of the band.
Hayes putting a whole new twist on the term "tailgating."
Washers...a modified version, of course!
The absolute highlight of Hayes's tailgating festivities - playing in the pothole!
Now, time to head into the stadium for the game!!
Chugging some chocolate milk with Shorty before kick-off...
...posing with Boko in the first quarter...
...and then fast asleep by the end of the second!
It was a fun and exciting game, but this sweet snuggle time was my absolute highlight!!












No comments:
Post a Comment