Yup, that's right. I am PREGNANT with Baby Davis 2.0!!! Aaaah! If you guys are anything like everyone else that has found out, then you probably have a million questions. So, I am going to try and answer them one by one...
How long have you known you were pregnant?
Since August 31st, but my mommy instincts knew even a couple days before that. I know. It's been a really long time for me to keep this big of a secret. I am both proud of myself and completely shocked. So glad to have it out in the open now though!
Sooo, when does that make your due date?
May 15th...but I will have a scheduled c-section about three weeks before that. (You may remember that I had a pretty big vertical incision with Hayes, so the risk of uterine rupture for this one is a major concern. My doctor wants to make sure that natural labor does not even begin to happen. And I am in total agreement with that.) So, look for the sweet little bundle to be arriving some time in late April. We cannot wait!
Were you guys trying to get pregnant?
Yes, but we did not expect it to happen quite so fast! We both knew that we wanted Hayes to be healthy and strong before we even began to discuss the possibility of bringing another little one into the world. And well...let's just put it this way - Hayes had his surgery in July, and we got pregnant in August. You do the math.
And how has it been going so far?
For me? Awful! Morning sickness. Nausea. Vomiting. Exhaustion. Lowered immune system. Sore mammary glands. The works. Pretty much everything I went through during my first trimester with Hayes...just more intense...and seeming to never end. Ugh!! (Do you see why I have totally been slacking at my blogging lately?? Yeah, this is why.)
Are you showing?
Um, yes! I look huge already. Everyone who sees me instantly knows I'm pregnant. Which has made it a really difficult secret to keep!
Have you had any kind of testing or special ultrasounds...because, well...you know?
Of course! At twelve weeks pregnant, I have already had four ultrasounds. And I am so thrilled to say that the baby is growing PERFECTLY! Just this week we went in for the big first trimester screening, and the sweet little baby passed with flying colors...and is even measuring a week ahead of schedule! Praise God!!!
Pink or Blue - what's it going to be?
Well...the Ramzi Theory says boy. The Nub Theory says girl. My mommy instincts say boy. Cody's daddy instincts say girl. So, it is safe to say the odds for both are completely 50/50 right now. We are counting down the days until November 29th when we will know for sure!
Any names picked out?
Kind of. We have a couple boy names that we sort of like. And there is one girl name that I really like. But we are not even close to set on anything yet. I'll keep you posted...
Is Hayes excited?
You better believe it! He is already the BEST big brother ever. He will lift up my shirt and pat my belly without any prompting, he is constantly giving the baby kisses and love, and he even plays trucks with the little one by rolling them up and down my growing bump. It is aboslutely adorable. The only concept that he is a little confused about is the fact that he does not have a baby growing in his belly too. If you ask him where the baby is, he will lift up his shirt and pat his belly while saying "baby" over and over again. So stinking cute!


6 comments:
Aww, that's awesome! So happy for you. Saying a prayer for the morning sickness, nausea, and all of the other fun stuff to go away and energy and endurance to take their place. :)
Congratulations!!!! That is awesome! I am so glad to hear some good news today (been one of those rough days for us) and this just put the biggest smile on my face! So happy for yall!
congrats again!
Congrats! It's always neat to find those due around the same time! - due 4/15 w/ big anatomy u.s. also scheduled for 11/29! ;)
I give u credit for waiting so long... Though I'm waiting till the 2nd week in dec to announce it to family! Crazy right?! It helps that they live across the country! ;) (it'll be a very merry Xmas for them!)
Yay! A million congratulations to all of you! Praying for a great pregnancy and a wonderfully healthy baby in April!
So happy to read this wondeful news! Kelsea and I feel so blessed to have you guys in our life!
Congrats!!! Such a happy time!!!!
Post a Comment